Financing Your Studies
CUHK Perseverance Bursary for JUPAS Applicants (2020 Entry)
CUHK announces a new “CUHK Perseverance Bursary” (the Bursary) in recognition of the HKDSE candidates’ unwavering determination, and in supporting admittees who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. All candidates applying for admission to the University via JUPAS in 2020 are eligible to apply for CUHK Perseverance Bursary which is non-means tested. Upon admission to the University via JUPAS, successful applicants for the Bursary will receive a sum of no less than HK$10,000 each, up to the full-tuition amount of HK$42,100. Applicants who are eligible to receive the merit-based University Admission Scholarships may receive top-up amount from the Bursary if their financial situation so warrants.
Eligibility and Application
- All candidates applying for admission to the University via JUPAS in 2020 are eligible to apply for CUHK Perseverance Bursary, should they provide evidence of their family financial situation being adversely affected by the pandemic, or facing immense impending financial strain.
- Online applications (click HERE) are accepted starting from 08:00 on 20 July 2020 until further notice. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application as early as possible.
- Applicants can use the checklist and/or text box in the e-form to briefly explain how the financial condition of their family has been adversely affected in the past year for whatever reasons or is likely to be affected in the near future.
- Supporting documents, if deemed necessary, may be requested from the applicants after admission to CUHK.
- Applications are considered on need basis. Successful applicants will be informed of the bursary amount after commencement of the first term.
The amount of one-off bursary is from HK$10,000 up to full tuition of HK$42,100.
The bursary can be concurrently held with other University scholarships and awards.
Tel.: 3943 1898 / 3943 1737 (08:45-13:00 and 14:00-17:30 on weekdays except public holidays)