This is a five-year full-time undergraduate programme for students who aspire to pursue a career in the Early Childhood Education field. Through a multi-disciplinary approach, it aims to nurture students to be professional, creative and ethical early childhood educators in the future.
The CUHK Faculty of Education is ranked 17th in the world and 3rd in Asia in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (Education) 2023.
Craft Your Path
- Home-School-Community Collaboration
- Whole-Child Development
- Children with Learning Diversity
- Research and Inquiry Skills
- Integration of Theory and Practice
Graduates will be eligible to register as:
- Qualified kindergarten teachers with the Education Bureau
- Child-care supervisors with the Social Welfare Department
- Child-care workers with the Social Welfare Department
- Special child-care workers with the Social Welfare Department (if they have completed the SEN-related courses)
Graduates will also meet the academic qualifications required for kindergarten principals, as well as the following:
- Teaching in kindergartens, nurseries, crèches and special child-care centres in Hong Kong
- Obtaining administrative positions in centres or agencies serving young children and families
- Pursuing postgraduate studies in education for further research opportunities
If you are interested in this programme, please review the application requirements and deadlines specific to the respective admission scheme to increase your chances of getting accepted.