This interdisciplinary undergraduate programme is designed for talented students who would like to develop a career in biotechnology entrepreneurship, business analysis, and/or healthcare management to capture emerging opportunities in Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area and beyond. The programme brings together the Faculties of Science, Medicine and Business Administration at The Chinese University of Hong Kong to co-develop a brand-new, integrated curriculum with active learning as the core. In addition to a compilation of complementary courses in Biomedical Sciences, Business Administration, Molecular Biotechnology and Public Health, capstone courses are co-taught by professors in different Faculties to enhance the students’ problem-solving ability using cross-disciplinary knowledge. Mentorship and internship opportunities in the relevant industrial, service and venture capital sectors will be sought to allow the students to learn by connecting knowledge with real-world problems.
Craft Your Path
The aim of the programme is to develop talent with a broad base of complementary knowledge, demonstrating the following essential attributes:
- an entrepreneurial mindset with ground-breaking ideas to translate advances in biotechnology, biomedical sciences and healthcare into commercial opportunities
- the ability to integrate a broad base of knowledge in biotechnology, biomedical and health sciences, data analytics and business management to provide innovative and cross-disciplinary solutions
- the ability to communicate with collaborators from diverse backgrounds and participate in the management of healthcare operations and development
- Leaders in start-ups in advanced life science, health technology and environmental solutions
- Business consultants and analysts for science and technology firms
- Management in healthcare and medical institutes
If you are interested in this programme, please review the application requirements and deadlines specific to the respective admission scheme to increase your chances of getting accepted.