Championing Public Health through Education
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BScPH) programme equips students with a broad understanding of public health issues, preparing them for diverse careers in this specialised field. Our programme empowers students through experiential learning activities, enhancing their skills and knowledge. Our interdisciplinary approach combines scientific and social sciences to tackle complex health challenges.
The curriculum covers various disciplines, including biostatistics, environmental health, social and behavioural sciences, health service management, health economics and law. This four-year programme offers specialised tracks in health protection, health improvement and health services. Students can choose elective courses from these tracks to suit their career planning goals.
Craft Your Path
The BScPH programme offers a flexible but personalised learning journey. Students establish a strong foundation in essential public health principles during their first year of study. In Year 2, they shape their personalised learning journey based on their interests and career plan. In the final year, the programme rounds up with research and experiential learning opportunities.
- With specialized tracks in health protection, health improvement and health services, students can choose elective courses in areas such as infectious disease control, health promotion and health services management.
- Experiential learning through a practicum in public health-related organisations provides the students with hands-on experience and equips them with valuable skills.
- Student-directed research gives every student the very rare opportunity to plan, execute and conclude (by oral and written presentation) a public health-related research study.
Graduates have a comprehensive understanding of health, society and health policies, making them adaptable professionals with specialised knowledge in epidemiology, biostatistics and health promotion.
Over the past five years, our alumni have made an impact in various sectors:
- Employment in Public and Education Institutes: Approximately 31% shape health policies, address health disparities, and engage in health-related research in universities.
- Employment in NGOs and the Private Sector: Another 38% implement health programmes, promote equity, and manage private health services.
- Further Study: About 31% pursue advanced studies in various specialized fields.
Our graduates are sought after by governmental organisations, such as the Food and Health Bureau, the Environmental Hygiene Department and the Hospital Authority. Many are also hired by renowned multi-national enterprises in the private sector.
[Figures as of June 2023]
Choose our Public Health programme to make a tangible difference in public health. Join us in championing community well-being, shaping policies, and addressing pressing health issues. Your role as a public health professional will help create a healthier society and advocate for equitable healthcare access for all.
If you are interested in this programme, please review the application requirements and deadlines specific to the respective admission scheme to increase your chances of getting accepted.