Non-JUPAS (Year 1 Admissions)
Before you fill in and submit the application, please read this page and visit the website(s) of the respective programme(s) to which you wish to apply for admission for updates on the programme requirements.
To facilitate outstanding candidates in making informed decisions among all early offers they receive from various universities, candidates who apply to CUHK on or before 15 November 2017 will be considered for an advance offer. In this round, successful applicants may be given a firm or conditional offer depending on individual merits, and those selected for advance offers will be notified by mid-January 2018.
Applicants who are not selected for an advance offer will compete on equal footing with all other applicants in the Regular round, the application deadline of which is 3 January 2018.
- Advance Offer Deadline: 15 November 2017
- Regular Deadline: 3 January 2018
- Late Application Deadline: 31 March 2018
Thereafter, applications may be accepted subject to availability of places.
Please read the application guide before completing the online application as the guide contains important information and guidelines that will assist you in completing and submitting your application.
Before submitting your application, please make sure that you have fully completed and uploaded the following supporting documents:
(i) A photocopy of your Hong Kong Identity Card / Dependant Visa / Passport
(For verification purpose only. It will be deleted from the applicant’s file after the said purpose has been served.)
(ii) Copies of your academic transcripts and public examination results and other credentials (if applicable):
- high school reports / transcripts and graduation certificate / diploma
- diploma / sub-degree transcripts and graduation certificate
- university transcripts / degree certificate
- result slip(s) of public examination(s) (e.g. HKCEE / HKALE / IB / SAT / AP / GCE / GCSE / IGCSE / Gaokao / others). The University Code for College Board (for submission of SAT/AP results) is 5690, and for ACT, it is 7050.
- English / Chinese language test results (e.g.TOEFL / IELTS / others). The University Code for submission of TOEFL results is 0812.
- certificates in support of professional / academic achievements
(iii) Recommendation of an academic referee (online or by hardcopy)
- Via online system: You can submit up to 3 referee's information and check the referee submission status in the section "Online Recommendation Form" after submitting the online application and settling the application fee. Your referee will then receive an invitation email to login the "Online Confidential Recommendation System" to complete the Confidential Recommendation/Referee Report. A referee can use the same account and password to complete the recommendations for different applicants who have invited them as their referee. A referee will not receive a second password from us.
- By hardcopy: You can print Confidential Recommendation Form in the section "Paper Recommendation Form". The completed form should be sent in a sealed envelope by post by either you or your referee directly to our office.
For counselors/teachers who would like to submit a recommendation
Kindly make use of our Online Confidential Recommendation System to submit a recommendation. Please ask your students to nominate you as a referee by providing your particulars in the “Online Recommendation Form” section of your online application, after submitting the online application and settling the application fee. You will then receive from our system an email of invitation and of your login information respectively. A referee can use the same account and password to complete the recommendations for different applicants who have invited them as their referee. A referee will not receive a second password from us. Please login to your account at your earliest convenience and the system will guide you through the recommendation submission process.
For enquiries, please submit them here.
You will need to pay a Non-refundable application fee of HK$450 for 2018 entry via ONLINE payment by either VISA or MASTERCARD through our Online Application System at the time of submission.
Failure to pay the application fee will result in delay in processing of the application.
You can check your application status online after your submission of application and settlement of application fee.
For application and results notification timeline of the selection exercise for 2018 entry, please check here.