Holders of qualifications other than Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education are eligible to apply for admission, if by 1 September of the year in which admission is sought, you possess any of the following qualifications:
1. Holders of qualifications other than Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education
|International Baccalaureate (IB)
|International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) with 30 points out of 45
(for subject preferences of the programmes, please click here)
|GCE A-Level / International A-Level
|3AL passes / 2AL+2AS passes
|SAT Reasoning Test / ACT and SAT Subject Test / Advanced Placement Test
|Senior Secondary School Graduation Diploma / Certificate; and
an overall total score of 1190 out of 1600 in SAT (from March 2016) / a composite score of 24 in ACT; and
grade 3 each in 2 Advanced Placement (AP) Tests / a score of 600 each in 2 SAT Subject Tests (taken in June 2021 or before)
|A recognised non-local qualification which qualifies them for admission to a university in the country/region where such qualification is originated (e.g. high school diploma plus SAT/ ACT/ AP in USA, OSSD/ BC diploma in Canada, ATAR in Australia, UEC/ STPM in Malaysia, AISSCE (CBSE)/ ISC in India, SMA in Indonesia, etc.)
|Please click here for full qualification list
2. Post-secondary qualifications
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate study at a recognised university
- Completed at least one year of study leading to the qualification of associate degree/higher diploma or its equivalent
- Applicants with local associate degree/higher diploma qualifications may apply for first year and/or senior year admission.
i. HKCEE, grade E or above in at least seven subjects; and
ii. HKALE, grade E or above in at least 2 AL and 2 AS subjects (one of the two AL subjects may be substituted by two additional AS subjects. AS subjects refer to all AS subjects under HKALE including Chinese Language & Culture and Use of English)
4. Mature Applicants
- Mature persons aged 23 or above on 1 September in the year in which admission is sought, provided they are able to show either by publication; or
- by other acceptable evidence that they have achieved sufficient competence in their chosen field of study to justify admission; or
- have shown exceptional ability in appropriate academic or professional fields
5. Exceptional Achievements
- Have other exceptional achievements which merit admission
Applicants currently undertaking undergraduate studies in UGC-funded institutions and seeking transfer admissions
According to the guidelines of the University Grants Committee (UGC), unless under exceptional circumstances, applicants who may have to repeat a year of study on transfer across institutions should generally be given a lower priority in admissions.
In addition to satisfying the University requirements, applicants shall satisfy the additional requirements of the Programmes concerned. Please visit the List of Programmes for details.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of their education background and non-academic achievements. If they are invited to attend an interview, their performance at the interview will also be taken into consideration.
Admission with Advanced Standing
Applicants who meet specific requirements as stipulated by the University for particular qualifications (including GCE AL/International AL, IB, Cambridge Pre-U, HKALE, associate degree/higher diploma) may apply for “Admission with Advanced Standing”. The minimum number of units for graduation for students admitted with Advanced Standing may be reduced by up to 24 (normative period of study may be reduced by up to one year).
Applicants will be required to indicate in the application form whether they would like to be considered for “Admission with Advanced Standing”.