Nurturing the Next Generation of Learning Technology Specialists
The BSc in Learning Design and Technology (LDTE) is a four-year integrative programme jointly offered by the Faculties of Education, Engineering and Science. Its design is based on the latest re-formulation of the science of education, which casts education as “a metadiscipline or discipline of disciplines” to equip learners with knowledge, competencies and leadership to facilitate learning and development in and beyond formal education settings.
- Integrative, multi-disciplinary programme in education, technology and science
- Theory driven, action-science oriented, and lab-based learning approach
- Integrated STEM education with technology-based, multi-media instruction in multicultural contexts
- Service learning competencies through education and community engagement
- Research in technology, science and transdisciplinary studies in and beyond STEM education
- Articulation with teacher professional programmes in technology- and/or science-related teaching and other research-based postgraduate programmes in education- and/or technology-related disciplines
The CUHK Faculty of Education is ranked 17th in the world and 3rd in Asia in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (Education) 2023.
Graduates of the programme can pursue professional careers in schools, school-sponsoring bodies, universities, government sectors, non-governmental organizations (especially those specializing in solving social problems through education), and education-related companies and industries in local, regional and global settings, including the Greater Bay Area. They are equipped to serve in a variety of settings where there is an interface between education and STEM, including industry, businesses, schools, non-governmental organizations, and other new and emerging education-related industries and fields. Additionally, graduates who want to pursue a teaching career can continue their study in professional teacher programmes to obtain a technology- and/or science-related teaching qualification.
- Learning designers / strategists
- Learning technology specialists
- Multimedia learning specialists
- Technology-supported learning environment designers
- STEM education designers
- Science / technology teachers
- Educational product developers
- E-learning consultants / trainers
- Technology managers / officers
- Educational data analysts
- Education officers / administrators / researchers
Learning design is a fast-growing profession that applies to all sectors. In the rapidly evolving education landscape, no effort should be spared to nurture the next generation of learning technology specialists who possess in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of learning design and have mastered state-of-the-art technology and professional skills to shape the future of education.
If you are interested in this programme, please review the application requirements and deadlines specific to the respective admission scheme to increase your chances of getting accepted.