Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program
The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP), offered by Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), will award scholarships to high-caliber Asian students who study away from their home country or region at one of AFLSP’s Partner Universities, with the aim of promoting cross-cultural understanding. CUHK is one of the Partner Universities.
Coverage of the Scholarship
Up to 10 students will be awarded an amount of maximum US$25,000 per year each. Each scholarship is tenable for up to two years. The AFLSP also offers activities and events to scholars to cultivate a sense of community and mutual understanding within a changing global landscape. After being selected, students must commit to participating in the BXAI Summer Program and the Enrichment Program during the scholarship tenure.
The candidates must:
- be registered full-time CUHK students during the entire Scholarship period;
- be non-local students whose nationality is from an Asian country or region;
- be currently in their second or third-year undergraduate studies;
- major in Global Studies Programme OR any programme under Faculty of Business Administration or Faculty of Engineering; and
- have achieved a Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Application and Selection
Please refer to the Information Sheet for application details. The relevant Programme and Faculties will select and nominate applicants to compete for the Scholarship. The BXAI will then interview shortlisted candidates for the final decision.
The selection of applicants is based on academic performance, command of English and presentation skills, appreciation of BXAI’s mission and vision, propensity for international and intercultural understanding, desire to positively invest in Asia, leadership potential, compassion and service experience, and projected level of engagement in Bai Xian Community.